top of page

Group

Public·45 members

BA - Perfect Match.mp4

Electra Nanou is an MUO Staff Writer, specializing in creative, professional, and general tech topics, a perfect fit for her fascination with technology, 15+ years of creative writing experience, and BA in English Literature from the University of East Anglia.

BA - Perfect Match.mp4

I have had issues at times with SRT files if the name of the video file and the SRT file differ in any way. There can't be an extra space or anything else, must be a perfect match. It's supposed to work if you add an EN in there for the language, but recently I had one that wouldn't work until I removed the extra text to make them identical.

This is achieved in-camera and works best for single seamless clips. It works on the same principle as before. Your clip needs to start and end on matching frames. As you can see in this example the blank table is the matching frame and the title was cut in half to match up at the start and end as in the method. Any changes in exposure or focus on this blank table will ruin the effect, it needs to be a perfect match at the start and end.

I'm a difficult customer because I'm looking for the perfect fix: portable, durable, and quiet. As I'm traveling the world these days, and will need to occasionally pack my drives into suit cases, I would prefer something both portable and durable. It doesn't need to be fully crush proof or water proof, but it would be nice if it's dust proof and slightly water resistant against splashes. (This is a lot more important for my working drive.)

I'd stay away from LaCie if I was you. A few years ago, I had two LaCie external desktop drives for my Windows computer. When Microsoft upgraded to Windows XP, both LaCie Drives failed. They were not cheap either. Each had Firewire 800 which was fast when new. I only got excuses from LaCie, the last one being that the drive needed upgraded software (drivers or ?) I managed to get some of my pictures back but not all. I next started the slippery road toward WD drives. I had two large brown metal ones that never worked. I got some pictures back but not nearly the number on the drives. The price doesn't matter, I just want dependable backup. I soon learned that WD has purchased almost all other drive manufacturers. WD has serious connection issues with loose cables from the computer to the drive, in particular the G Tech drives that have nice specs but loose cables and that is the end of the drive when that happens. Western Digital doesn't seem to take seriously the value of the files entrusted to their drives. These are cables supplied with the drives and should be a perfect fit. Another drive to stay away from in my opinion. WD also provides backup software that was once great but now no longer works. After all these years, it seems that the internet is still filled with unscrupulous sellers of everything.

Hi Cate! The LaCie 2Big Dock you chose would be an excellent choice. It's equipped with two 7200rpm drives and at RAID 0, it's made for video editing. The only drawback is it's not exactly small and light at 6.4 pounds. But if you're ok with this weight, it's the perfect performing drive for you within your budget.

All these elements have options to select the number of repetitions of their action and the speed. The higher number of repetitions you choose, the longer it will take to finish its action. The speed will make the action faster or slower. You can toggle both to find the perfect combination.

Income School uses want to be received as a still from your image. It ties in perfectly with what you expect to see in the video. The host, Randy, is looking towards what's labeled as the best new strategy for generating a full-time passive income. If you are looking for ways to make a living from blogging, this will defInitely appeal to you.

Netflix is no stranger to smart marketing. And in this example, while its thumbnail appears to be almost plain and simple, the use of contrast and color is impactful. Using just three words on the thumbnail image, the video streaming service has been able to leverage a familiar face (Andrew Garfield). The magic three words are two any movie fan loves to see (Official Teaser), and the brand name in the top left and corner. Notice how all three words contrast perfectly with the dark background of the video still. Do you also see the expression on Andrew Garfield's face? Can you feel the suspense?

Stephanie Shark: Hello and welcome everyone. Thanks for joining. I am Supervisory Special Agent Stephanie Shark with the FBI\u2019s Counterterrorism Division. We recently shared an exclusive story on FBI.gov, giving you an inside look at what it\u2019s like to become a special agent with the FBI. We are going to share today a few clips with you from our story and talk more about what new agent trainees have to go through at the FBI Academy, and what it\u2019s like during their first few weeks after graduation. We also have with us three special agents and leaders from the FBI\u2019s Training Division, which oversees training of new agents and intelligence analysts at Quantico; as well as a Human Resources Division, who manages our recruiting efforts. All are here today to help us drive our discussion. As always, please feel free to ask any questions during our broadcast by typing them into the comments field, or by using #AskFBI to make sure that our panelists will answer them as we move along. So let\u2019s get started with some quick introductions. I wanted to first welcome to our group Section Chief Joe Bonavolonta. Welcome. Joe Bonavolonta: Thank you. It\u2019s great to be here.Stephanie: Will you please tell the audience a little bit about yourself? Joe: Sure. So once again, my name is Joe Bonavolonta and I\u2019m currently a Section Chief in the employee development and selection program here at Headquarters. I\u2019ve been in the Bureau for roughly 21 years. The first few years I was a support employee with the Special Surveillance Group in New York. Then for the next, just about, 8 to 10 years I was an agent who investigated organized crime in the New York Field Office. Then I was promoted as a field supervisor to the Newark Division over the Economic Crimes Squad. Then from there, for about four years, I became an Assistant Special Agent in Charge (ASAC) over the counterintelligence and cyber programs in the Boston Field Office. Stephanie: So you spent a lot of time in the Northeast? Joe: Yes. (I am) a Northeast guy. Stephanie: Well I am glad you are with us here today. Joe: Thank you. Stephanie: Kellie. Unit Chief Kellie Holland, will you please introduce yourself and tell our audience a little bit about your background? Kellie Holland: Sure. You already said my name is Kellie Holland. I\u2019ve been with the Bureau for 15 years. I started my career in Cincinnati, where I worked on a Joint Terrorism Task Force. Then I transitioned up to Anchorage, Alaska. I worked up there for about six plus years. Then I moved down here and started my management career with the FBI. I am currently a Unit Chief of the Training Management Unit. So those of you out there that are interested in becoming a special agent, when you report to Quantico, you\u2019ll come to my team. Stephanie: Wonderful. Thank you. Finally, we have Supervisory Special Agent Gary Lorin. Welcome. Gary Lorin: Welcome. Thank you. My name is Gary Lorin. I have 18 plus years in the FBI now. I spent my first 15 years up in the Portland Division in the Bend RA, which is a small office in central Oregon. I am now with the Tactical Training Unit. As Supervisory Special Agent there, I train the new agents on tactics when they come to the Academy. Stephanie: Wonderful. We look forward to hearing more about all the tactical training\u2026 Gary: Thank you. Stephanie: Later in our program. So now that you have learned a little bit about our panel, and since we\u2019re talking today about what it\u2019s like to become a special agent and highlighting our real life series on FBI.gov, let\u2019s now turn to a clip about the very first day new agents arrive at Quantico. If you\u2019re interested in seeing more clips as we move along, please be sure to check out FBI.gov New Agent Series to see more. (video plays) Sunny: On the first day, I think, I assume like most folks who got here, everyone was really excited but also a fair bit nervous. I had a decent idea of what to expect but no idea who I was going to be training with or what the environment was really going to be like on a day-to- day basis. Alex: I didn\u2019t really know what to expect when I first showed up, I\u2019ve never done anything like this. You\u2019ve worked so hard and you\u2019re finally here. It takes so long to get here and when you get here and honestly doesn\u2019t feel quite real Stephanie: So Kellie, when you did your introduction you said, \u201cIf we have a new agent and they come to Quantico, they\u2019re likely going to interact with you.\u201d Will you tell us a little bit about what new agents can expect for their first week arriving at Quantico? Kellie: Absolutely. First and foremost, they\u2019re going to be uprooting themselves from wherever they are and their support systems and they\u2019re going to be reporting to the Academy, as you saw in the video. There is just a myriad of emotions that they\u2019re going to be going through. They\u2019re going to be overwhelmed. They\u2019re going to be meeting 50 new people in their class. They are going to be getting acclimated to their surroundings. They\u2019re going to be excited. They\u2019re going to be anxious; somewhat intimidated by their surroundings because again, it\u2019s a lot thrown at them at one time. They\u2019re going to be issued gear their first week. They\u2019re going to meet their support staff and their team. From my unit, they\u2019re going to help them navigate the 20 plus weeks of training. They\u2019re going to take their first initial PFT (physical fitness test). So there\u2019s a lot thrown at them that first week and my team is there to support them every step of the way. Stephanie: Tell us a little bit about what their living conditions will be like. Kellie: They will have a roommate. For most of us who have been on our own or we have families of our own, trying to again, acclimate to having a roommate\u2026 that\u2019s a big adjustment. The other thing is, it\u2019s going to be a lifestyle change for them because they are not going to have their phone with them 24/7. When they\u2019re in their classrooms and during instruction they will not have access to their cell phones. So, unfortunately, that\u2019s a huge adjustment for them and for their families during that 5-month separation. Stephanie: So they will not be watching FBI Facebook Live events in the middle of their training? (Laughing) Kellie: No; or tweeting what\u2019s going on. No. They will not. Stephanie: Do either of you gentlemen remember what it was like when you first showed up at the academy? What you felt and experienced? Joe: I sure do. To echo the statements that were made earlier, it was a tremendous source of pride. I had been in the FBI for a little over four years before becoming an agent. So for me, there was definitely the familiarity with the agency already. But still making that jump over to be an agent, and at the time, the academy was 16 weeks as opposed to now, it is about 21 weeks. It was a tremendous honor and it was something I\u2019ll never forget. It was a great challenge and I\u2019ll never forget getting my credentials upon graduation. Stephanie: We\u2019ll talk a little bit more about that later. Anything else you\u2019d like to add? Gary: Yes. Similarly, I was a little bit more intimidated. I was a police officer in San Francisco when I got in. So I was kind of a big fish there, but I came back to Quantico and I was intimidated by the other 49 people in my class who had very impressive backgrounds. I quickly realized we were all in the same boat together and we really bonded and worked together for the next 16 weeks. A little exciting, though. Stephanie: I just remember being extremely excited. Well hello if you are just joining us. I am Supervisory Special Agent Stephanie Shark and we are here today discussing an exclusive story on FBI.gov, which gives you an inside look into what it\u2019s like to become a special agent for the FBI. Our panel today, we have three special agents and leaders from both Training Division and also from our Human Resources Division as well, who manage the recruiting efforts and also our training efforts. Please feel free to ask questions today during our broadcast by typing them into the comments field and by using #AskFBI. Don\u2019t forget to tag a friend so that they can watch later. So now we\u2019re going to talk about a second clip- the PFT, or as we describe it, the field fitness test.(video plays) Marc Savine: Agents have to establish that they have an acceptable level of physical fitness to perform the job task associated with the job of a special agent. We validate a test that's basic exercises that would establish a level of fitness, and that's sit-ups, push-ups, a sprint, and a mile-and-a-half run. In order to effect a lawful arrest you're going to need a level of fitness. And in order to avoid injury, to get through the Academy, you're going to have to maintain a level of fitness. Stephanie: Gary, as one of the special agents who oversees the Tactical Training Unit, do you have any advice for new agents preparing for the Physical Fitness Test when they come into the FBI? Gary: Yeah, thanks. You know, nothing suits up somebody better than if they are prepared for something. If they come in in good shape\u2026 If they\u2019re ready to do their run, the sprint, the pushups, the sit-ups\u2026which are the four events that we test. They have to do it the first week they\u2019re here. So if they come in good shape, that kind of relieves some of that anxiety they bring in. So my advice is to just train. Train with somebody. Make sure you can do those events. It will help you going forward. Not just being able to run. If you can run a mile and half in the required time, that\u2019s great. But remember, you have to do pushups, sit-ups and a sprint before you run that mile and half. So putting those things in order, as well, when you train is probably really beneficial. Stephanie: I recall being pushed to the limit often, to where you think you can do 30 pushups and then having 10 removed because you don\u2019t do it precisely. Gary: Right. Protocol is a big deal. It is. So make sure you learn to do them proper. And then once you do, perfect those. Good point. Stephanie: Joe, you work in our Human Resources Division. Can you tell the audience who want to become FBI agents what kind of background our Human Resources Division is looking for when looking for qualified candidates? Joe: Sure. When you look at the FBI, primarily what makes this such a great organization is we have so many different programs that we work- from terrorism, to counterintelligence, to organized crime, to cyber- so, because of all the programs that we\u2019re responsible for investigating, we really are looking for applicants that have a breadth of experience and diversity. As far as breadth of experience goes, we\u2019re looking for candidates, especially nowadays, that really have a background in the STEM principles; which is really science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. It\u2019s not the sole foundation that we\u2019re looking for, by any means. But really, when you look at advancing technology and how that really touches upon every type of investigating activity that we conduct, having that background is very important for somebody who is a perspective agent looking to come in. That having been said, throughout the course of my career, I can\u2019t think of a unit or squad that I have been on or lead that hasn\u2019t had a diverse group of agents- anywhere from school teachers, to scientists, to attorneys, to former military or law enforcement. And the other thing that we\u2019re really looking for in a targeted fashion is diversity, as far as cultural diversity and racial diversity as well. That\u2019s something in the last few years that the FBI has specifically added as a core principle of ours. We have several very proactive initiatives and targeted recruitment initiatives out in the field to really try to have the Bureau, as every year goes by, become more and more representative of society. Stephanie: Why do you feel that\u2019s important? Joe: Well it\u2019s very important because when you look at the main objective of our job, it\u2019s really to interface with the public. One of the core principles of any program or investigation that we conduct is being out there in the public, knocking on doors, conducting interviews, working these types of cases. And if we\u2019re doing that, we should be as representative of the people that we\u2019re sworn to protect as possible. Stephanie: Great. So for you out there who are looking to join the FBI\u2026 You don\u2019t need to be a lawyer or an accountant to come in. Joe: No. Many years ago that may have been the case but now\u2026 We are still looking for people with those skillsets, no doubt about it; but it\u2019s definitely morphed and it\u2019s become much more diverse in terms of the skills that we are looking for. Stephanie: Okay. Well, I hear that we have a question from the audience. So, is it important\u2026 You noticed earlier that you have teachers and stuff like that. Is it best to be the best in your field? Can you talk a little bit about that in terms of the diversity? Joe: Sure. So, no matter what area of expertise you\u2019re in prior to becoming an agent, it\u2019s very important to just go as far as you can go and be as proactive as you can be in your job. So if it is a school teacher, seek out leadership positions. Seek out technical training that can prepare you for becoming an agent. Or if you\u2019re former military or law enforcement, you will have already had and experienced a lot of the core principles of what it is to be an agent. But it\u2019s one of those things where you can always grow and build from a technical aspect or even a leadership aspect. Stephanie: Now I know Gary is also a previous law enforcement officer. We have a question. Ray out in the audience is curious, \u201cIf you are law enforcement, is the FBI still a place for you in today\u2019s FBI?\u201d Gary: Absolutely. We\u2019re certainly encouraged, police officers, to come in. They bring more street-level knowledge of how to deal with people and how things happen on

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
Group Page: Groups_SingleGroup
bottom of page