top of page

Group

Public·17 members

Nascar The Game 2011

NASCAR The Game: 2011, also known as NASCAR 2011: The Game, is a 2011 racing video game, developed by Eutechnyx and published by Activision. It is the first edition of the NASCAR The Game racing simulator series. Developed by Eutechnyx and published by Activision, it was released for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on March 29, 2011, then for Wii on May 24.[1] It is the first NASCAR game since the contract between EA Sports and NASCAR expired (not including Gran Turismo 5), and the first by Activision Blizzard since NASCAR Racing 2003 Season (from Sierra, a subsidiary of Vivendi Universal Games, and now Activision Blizzard).

Nascar The Game 2011

NASCAR The Game: 2011 is the first game relating to NASCAR from Eutechnyx. One of the features is a career mode, which lets players compete at all the tracks on the 2010 or 2011 schedule and compete for a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship. The game also features ferocious damage caused by accidents on the track. It also features cars from the 2010 and 2011 seasons. Some types of accidents include catapulting cars into the air and barrel-rolling over others leaving fragments of the car, commonly called debris, scattered across the track. This feature allows all areas of the car to display damage build up realistically, in relation to the impacts during the race.[4] It also has enhanced AI to compare with the characteristics of actual drivers.[5] The player is able to tune and adjust their car's handling, and change the paint color, decals, number and sponsor logos. The controls and HUD are completely customizable as well. There is also a scrolling ticker across the top of the screen during a race with updates that include the amount of time behind leader, the time behind the car in front of player, and the time in front of the car behind player.[4]

Other features on the game include pit stops and spotters. The pit stop feature displays the pit crew changing the tires and fueling the car. Pit stops average 14 seconds. Each animation was actually photographed from real Sprint Cup Series teams. The spotter feature informs the player of the drivers in the race that assists them, such as bump drafting, blocking, and slingshot. The spotter also alerts the player of any hazards happening ahead, as well as behind. Furthermore, the spotter has calculated suggestions on pit strategy, such as fuel level, tire wear, the number of laps remaining, and the player's position in the race and in the point standings.[4] The game has an interactive celebration mode where players can do burnouts and victory lap, as well. The player then goes to an animation involving an out-of-car celebration, Carl Edwards and can result in a backflip off of the car. If he or she is in career mode, they will go to victory lane and pop the ceremonious bottle and pour it all on their team.[6] In the game, players can earn NASCAR experience points to unlock rewards. Some rewards include career sponsorships and special races throughout career mode. These special races are called "invitational events". These allow to unlock special custom paint schemes after completing each challenge in each event.[7]

The game was officially announced on September 29, 2010 by Activision and Eutechnyx,[8] even though there were rumors of a new NASCAR game since the expiration of NASCAR's contract with EA Sports.[9] The game's platforms are PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and Wii.[8][10][11][12]

NASCAR 2011 was delayed few times in 2011 until March 29. Developers cited the need to include additional features, test for bugs, and tweak the gameplay as their reasoning for the problems that affected the original release date.[13] The Wii version of the game was released in May 24. Like in the EA Sports NASCAR games, there are no available alcoholic sponsors until NASCAR '15 Victory Edition.

The game overall has received mixed reviews. GameSpot gave the game a 6.0/10, citing that "when the game finds its groove, it delivers a good sense of enjoyable tension that rewards smart, controlled driving. Unfortunately, the more deeply you dig, the deeper the hole NASCAR 2011 digs itself into".[28] The reviewer, Kevin VanOrd, criticized the faulty online play and the erratic caution flags. Game Industry News reviewer Todd Hargosh gave the game 3 out of 5 "gems", stating that the game overall was a "freshman effort[29]" for Eutechnyx. IGN gave a similar review, rating it 6.0/10.[30] The Wii version reviews, however, were mostly negative. IGN gave the game a 4.5/10, stating that "even if you bleed NASCAR, NASCAR The Game 2011 simply doesn't deliver. While it offers up some fun, the lack of control finesse, poor graphics, and missing customization make it one to pass up".

I've been gaming since the Atari 2600, and I'm old enough to have hip checked a dude way bigger than me off of the game I wanted to play at an actual arcade (remember those) while also being too young to be worried about getting my ass kicked. Aside from a short hiatus over the summer and fall of 2013, I've been with Gamingnexus.com since March 2011. While I might not be as tech savvy as some of our other staff-writers, I am the site's resident A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones expert, and self-proclaimed "master of all things Mass Effect." I may be in my 30's, but I'm not one of those "retro gamers." I feel strongly that gaming gets better every year. When I was a child daydreaming of the greatest toy ever, I was envisioning this generation's videogames, I just didn't know it at the time and never suspected I would live to seem them come into being. View Profile

If you remain unconvinced, NASCAR The Game 2011 will eagerly strap you into a Willans harness and attempt to highlight all of the above firsthand. That's assuming you're prepared to import the region-free PS3 version, as Activision has decided not to go ahead with a European release.

Like the sport's four-speed, naturally aspirated 865bhp machines, the official game is relatively basic in its make-up. Bypass the Quick Race, Eliminator and Practice single-player options and the main draw is a Career mode that sees you slide on the fireproof overalls of any of the current drivers (or create your own) and take a car through a 36-race season.

Use a decent force feedback wheel and that effort takes on a physical dimension, too, meaning you'll come out of even the shortest of races with your arms burning. Part of this is down to Eutechnyx nailing the handling model so that the difficulty of controlling NASCAR's lumbering beasts at race speeds is competently conveyed, requiring constant, precise input. This game could teach GT5's NASCAR segment a thing or two about dynamics.

While it's there, it could also give an impromptu lecture on player involvement, because the reason you'll emerge from a full season able to take on Arnold Schwarzenegger at arm wrestling is the intensity of the experience on offer. When you're battling against 42 other cars, often door panel to door panel, at 180mph-plus, whilst knowing that the best-case scenario for the smallest of errors will be a five to 10 position loss, there is simply no time to relax. There is a Rewind option, but that's not the point. When everything works as it should, NASCAR 2011 delivers a superbly engaging racing experience and you'll grip that wheel as though your life depends on it.

For some reason, the user's car simply has more horsepower than any other in the game. And so on a straightaway, it's easy to pass a great number of cars at once (thanks in part to the field usually running in a two-by-two pack, as if every race were a restrictor-plate event).

Perhaps that would be more acceptable if the career mode had been more strenuous. In the EA Sports versions of the game, users would start their career in modifieds, then field offers for the Truck Series if they had success.

Not only did CDS make animating as fun as actually playing the game, the tools themselves provide a very high level of control which adds even more realism and quality to our end product. We were able to create shots from day one, immediately experiencing time and cost savings.

Parents need to know that NASCAR The Game 2011 is a racing simulation game with some mild language (one song that has the word "hell" in its lyrics). Note, though, that its depiction of racing -- though seemingly realistic -- does not accurately simulate the dangers and potential consequences of high-speed racing. This could affect how young players think about the risks involved with real-world driving.

NASCAR THE GAME 2011 is a racing title for the Nintendo Wii -- the first time a NASCAR title has come to Nintendo's console -- allowing fans of the sport to race as or against their favorite real-life drivers. You'll have access to renowned NASCAR drivers such as Dale Earnhardt Jr., Tony Stewart, Denny Hamlin, Danica Patrick, and Trevor Bayne, winner of the 2011 Daytona 500. The game lets you climb behind one of 43 cars before taking to nearly two dozen authentic tracks to vie for the checkered flag. Other features include realistic wrecks with full damage modeling, strategic pit stops and multiple game modes.

While the game sounds decent on paper, playing isn't very fun for a few reasons. For one, it's incredibly easy. Passing other drivers is a piece of cake. You will most likely win races regardless of your skill level. Anyone with driving game experience should select the highest difficulty setting. Second, the cars don't control very well. They feel stiff and unresponsive. Third, this game is a stripped down version of the PS3 and Xbox 360 version. It removes features like vehicle customization, and there's no way to save races for viewing or sharing at a later time -- a must for racing games.

Families can talk about whether games like this one are a legitimate way to extend the entertainment of motorsports or simply a cash grab that takes away from the fun, excitement, and authenticity of real-world car racing. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
Group Page: Groups_SingleGroup